Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Service data refresh error

Hi all,

Not sure it is just me or everyone else but i run into the following error message since last Saturday. 

I used a custom connector + on-premises gateway and the data refresh works just fine (scheduled + manual). The connector has been tested and works on desktop version and the on-premises gateway is working fine.

The issue seems to go away after I republish the report but it comes back after a few hours time.

Both the Desktop and gateway have been updated to the latest version.

Thanks.

Processing error:An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp', line 847, function 'TMDataSourceRegistry::ApplyDeferredStaticAnalysis').
Cluster URI:WABI-AUSTRALIA-EAST-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:087a69a5-04e1-4e26-8433-88de6c78a0e7
Request ID:b34c13b0-93d3-41f2-be74-d634536e9b8b
Comments
Kerting

我也遇到了同样了的错误提示

lirik
Regular Visitor

Same issue - happens only on models that have python in them and refresh is done through personal gateway. Other models work fine. Problem goes away when I republish, but I have to do it daily.

radhh
Regular Visitor

Same issue like @lirik . I am doing local refresh for the time being. 

andischmid
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue trying to refresh using a personal gateway and PowerBI service. The model has Python as well. I noticed this issue after my latest Windows update. Perhaps that's the cause? I am able to do local refresh but I really need to be able to refresh via the service.

Anyone find a workaround besides local refresh and rebublish?

cyjwong

Same error refreshing from Power BI service since today, uses on-premises data gateway personal mode to fetch source data and Python for transformation.

Refreshing locally as workaround at the meantime.

Doneau
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs - that's helpful at least I know this is not an isolated issue. I have raised a ticket since Saturday with the support team but it is a slow-moving process...

Did anyone talk to the support team on this? 

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Doneau 

Thanks for your update. We understand that the issue may be urgent and you have created a support ticket. Hopefully, it could be resolved soon and it would be great if you could share the solution to help more users.

Doneau
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

Just a quick update from the support team. This apparently is a known issue from the following response.
The sarcastic part is the interim solution is to pay more even you don't need the extra feature...

They find it’s a known issue right now (Power Bi users may see refresh failures for Dataset’s in Shared having custom connectors, calculated tables, with the below error message : An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp'”)

Currently workaround is : Power BI users can move to Premium capacity as a workaround.​

Fix Status: Fix will be part of 7.1 train, which means fix will be done on at the end of first week of July.

MIKI

Same!!

同じ現象です。基本機能となり、PowerBIを導入した理由がなくなってます。しかも、しれっと、障害情報なしのスタンスも気になります。

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Doneau 

The fix should be deployed. You may check it again.