Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service data refresh error

Hi all,

Not sure it is just me or everyone else but i run into the following error message since last Saturday. 

I used a custom connector + on-premises gateway and the data refresh works just fine (scheduled + manual). The connector has been tested and works on desktop version and the on-premises gateway is working fine.

The issue seems to go away after I republish the report but it comes back after a few hours time.

Both the Desktop and gateway have been updated to the latest version.

Thanks.

Processing error:An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp', line 847, function 'TMDataSourceRegistry::ApplyDeferredStaticAnalysis').
Cluster URI:WABI-AUSTRALIA-EAST-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:087a69a5-04e1-4e26-8433-88de6c78a0e7
Request ID:b34c13b0-93d3-41f2-be74-d634536e9b8b
Comments
Kerting

我也遇到了同样了的错误提示

lirik
Regular Visitor

Same issue - happens only on models that have python in them and refresh is done through personal gateway. Other models work fine. Problem goes away when I republish, but I have to do it daily.

radhh
Regular Visitor

Same issue like @lirik . I am doing local refresh for the time being. 

andischmid
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue trying to refresh using a personal gateway and PowerBI service. The model has Python as well. I noticed this issue after my latest Windows update. Perhaps that's the cause? I am able to do local refresh but I really need to be able to refresh via the service.

Anyone find a workaround besides local refresh and rebublish?

cyjwong

Same error refreshing from Power BI service since today, uses on-premises data gateway personal mode to fetch source data and Python for transformation.

Refreshing locally as workaround at the meantime.

Doneau
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs - that's helpful at least I know this is not an isolated issue. I have raised a ticket since Saturday with the support team but it is a slow-moving process...

Did anyone talk to the support team on this? 

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Doneau 

Thanks for your update. We understand that the issue may be urgent and you have created a support ticket. Hopefully, it could be resolved soon and it would be great if you could share the solution to help more users.

Doneau
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

Just a quick update from the support team. This apparently is a known issue from the following response.
The sarcastic part is the interim solution is to pay more even you don't need the extra feature...

They find it’s a known issue right now (Power Bi users may see refresh failures for Dataset’s in Shared having custom connectors, calculated tables, with the below error message : An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp'”)

Currently workaround is : Power BI users can move to Premium capacity as a workaround.​

Fix Status: Fix will be part of 7.1 train, which means fix will be done on at the end of first week of July.

MIKI

Same!!

同じ現象です。基本機能となり、PowerBIを導入した理由がなくなってます。しかも、しれっと、障害情報なしのスタンスも気になります。

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Doneau 

The fix should be deployed. You may check it again.