Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service can't connect to Salesforce objects

When I select to connect to Salesforce objects Production, Power BI Service says it can't connect to "mycustomurl.salesforce.com". When I enter the production url in custom url field, sign in is successful, but Power BI service says that the url is not supported and the Next button is disabled, so even though my login is successful, I can't proceed to connect to Salesforce objects. This issue is recent, what have you done to Power BI service?

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @anatole ,

Please check whether it works when connecting to it in Power BI Desktop, refer:

Connect to Salesforce Objects from Power Query Desktop 

About connecting to Salesforce Objects in Power BI Service, please refer:

Connect to Salesforce Objects from Power Query Online 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the exact same issue. When I connect to salesforce objects from Power BI Desktop, I have no issue with connection, using "production". 

However, I am now trying to setup a dataflow connecting to salesforce objects from Power BI Service, a pop-up opens with an ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED, saying "the web page https://mycustomurl.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/authorize?state=959282ce-2ae4-4e1e-933c-7fc6e19e8... might be temporarily unavailable or it might have been permanently moved to another Web address".

How can we access salesforce objects from Power BI Service?

anatole
Regular Visitor

Agree with @Anonymous . The resource Connect to Salesforce Objects from Power Query Online  recommended in the earlier response was not helpful, even contradictory. How could the salesforce URL be custom and Production at the same time? 

anatole_0-1631108830422.png

This is clearly a regression, when I first started working with Salesforce from Power BI service, there was no issue. Now there is no way for me to create new query connections from Service, I have to duplicate existing queries as workaround.

NicolasDuraz

Hello, 

I confirm it's not working on my side as well from Power BI Service when it's a new connection. Existing data flows are still working and updating data correctly.

Is it a known issue from MS now ?

Nicolas

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yingjl , is something being done to fix this issue?