Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Service as a data source - Sharing broken

sharing was working prior to last service update

1. created Power BI data model (A)

2. published A

3. created Power BI report (B) using A as a data source (Power BI Service)

4. published B

5. created dashboard (D) pointing to report B

5. shared dashboard D

6. dashboard D shows errors on all tiles:

Tile Error(s)

There are currently 24 error(s) on your dashboard. Please check below for more information. If you contact support, please provide the technical details.
Error on 24 tile(s)
Looks like the report no longer exists.

I can create a content pack w/ the data and it works fine.
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @PowerDAX,

The issue has been reported internally: CRI 36903832. Will update here once get feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

PowerDAX
Resolver III

any update?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @PowerDAX,

Sorry for the late response. The information from PG is "The fix is expected to be deployed to PROD as part of 5.4 train (end of May). ". The issue should be gone now. Please test again in your environment. If issue persists, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

PowerDAX
Resolver III

resolved

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everybody

I still have exactly the same issue.

If I share a Dashboard linked to a report with source of data as Power BI Service, to the people that i share appears the same error.

Any clue?

Many thanks

Zeno

Anonymous
Not applicable
PowerDAX
Resolver III

Hi @Anonymous - try removing your share and re-sharing again - seems to have resolved my issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @PowerDAX many thanks for your feedback. Seams that when i push the button on the top update dashboard, sometime works. But as soon as the user log out, when he login again the issue raise again....

So for me the problem still open

many thanks!

mikegunns
Helper I

Experiencing this exact issue currently. Can't share a newly requested report to business users because it was built on Power BI Service as data source. A tremendous amount of time went into building the report. Please give us a solution besides a complete rebuild.