Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service Uses 4 GB RAM When Sharing Report

I noticed last week, when I try to share a report in Power BI Service, the browse tab hangs.

I checked Task Manager and found the Chrome.exe process was using over 4 GB of RAM:

2019-01-21_06h42_33.png

Similar thing in IE:

2019-01-21_06h52_23.png

Sometimes the tab recovers, but usually it crashes and I'm unable to share my report.

We're in a large tenet, so maybe it's trying to load the whole user list or something.

Steps followed:

1. Go to Power BI Service
  2. Select a Workspace
  3. Go to Reports tab
  4. Click Share button
  5. Click Access tab
  6. Tab hangs, RAM starts climbing
  7. Sometimes tab starts responding again and RAM goes down, other times tab crashes

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jeffshieldsdev,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side with below browser version. 

q2.PNG

q1.PNG

Would you please restart the machine then test again to see if the same issue occurs now? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage

I've restarted and it's still happening:

2019-01-24_07h56_12.png

As soon as I click the Access tab, RAM starts climbing...here's what I see in developer tools: 265 of these "track" calls before the page crashes:

2019-01-24_08h00_40.png

This also happens in an Incognito window, with no extensions loaded.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jeffshieldsdev,

It's hard t provide further help from forum side till now. I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage

I created the support ticket, but now I cannot reproduce the issue.  It appears to have been resolved.