Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Service- Report Update Error

I can not load some visuals from my report, this error prompts on Power Bi Service "The query referenced a relationship between 'ContactID'[contactid] and 'Merge (Contact-Serviceappointment)'[contactid], which depends on a column that is not in a valid state".

Jrubio93_0-1664897461913.png

Thanks!

Hi @Jrubio93 ,

There have been users with similar experiences to you in the past, you can view the original post

Solved: The query referenced column ****** which depends o... - Microsoft Power BI Community

"The problem was that on Power BI Desktop, if you use int values on imported files those “variables” works fine.

But when you upload that and update, the Power BI Service don’t understand as int, and the problem come when you use related() and calculation.

Then I have changed all the columns from integer to number % and everything is fine now on the Power BI Service."

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Jrubio93 ,

There have been users with similar experiences to you in the past, you can view the original post

Solved: The query referenced column ****** which depends o... - Microsoft Power BI Community

"The problem was that on Power BI Desktop, if you use int values on imported files those “variables” works fine.

But when you upload that and update, the Power BI Service don’t understand as int, and the problem come when you use related() and calculation.

Then I have changed all the columns from integer to number % and everything is fine now on the Power BI Service."

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Jrubio93
Frequent Visitor

In my case, the column Contactid that is prompting the error, it is on TEXT type, not interg neither number.

What do you suggest me? - Thanks

Jrubio93_0-1664956248935.png

Jrubio93
Frequent Visitor

Still facing the same issue... I am not using int values on imported files.