Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service + Redshift native connector = SSL problem

I'm connecting to a Redshift source (hosted by panoply.io). In Power BI Desktop it works only if I disable Encryption in Data Source. But after uploading to Power BI Service refreshing won't work:

"Failed to update data source credentials: ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [Microsoft][Amazon Redshift] (10) Error occurred while trying to connect: [SQLState 08S01] SSL error: certificate verify failed"

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Maybe the PostGreSQL connector is more compatible. Please give it a try. If you insist on the Amazon Redshift connector, I would suggest you create a support ticket here. Because the data source isn't a native Redshift DB. 

Power_BI_Service

Best Regards,

Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I talked to Panoply and understand they have a dialogue with MS about this. Postgres connector is currently not working well with Redshift since the connector uses the SQL-command UNLISTEN which is not supported by Redshift. So until this is fixed I'll use Redshift ODBC through the Gateway.