Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service - Paginated Reports: Parameter text search + selection doesn't work

Hi all, 

I've published a paginated report in web service and noticed that the default ability to text search for parameter options does not work as intended. When doing the text search then selecting the appropriate parameter from the results returned and clicking View Report, returns nothing.

If users scroll through the parameter list and select their option that way, the report works fine.

This seems to be a significant bug. It also does not work when changing parameter options. The prior parameters data will be shown as oppose to what it was changed to.

When doing the text search then selecting the appropriate parameter from the results returned and clicking View Report, returns nothing.

When setting parameters in Power BI Report Builder and open this report in Power BI Service, not only choose parameters directly in the list but also use search box to choose parameters, both of them seem need to click 'View Report' button to get the filtered data.

vyingjl_0-1648782267541.png

Or you can consider sharing more details about this issue which could reproduce it better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating
When doing the text search then selecting the appropriate parameter from the results returned and clicking View Report, returns nothing.

When setting parameters in Power BI Report Builder and open this report in Power BI Service, not only choose parameters directly in the list but also use search box to choose parameters, both of them seem need to click 'View Report' button to get the filtered data.

vyingjl_0-1648782267541.png

Or you can consider sharing more details about this issue which could reproduce it better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

nbkdno
Regular Visitor

Experiencing exactly the same behaviour here. Started over the last few days.

ie. you have text parameter with available values from a query. A user can select a result from the drop down and the report will work. However, if they type/search in the parameter box (and then select the filtered result), the report won't run/will use the last selected option.

Gurnam1

I have been experiencing exactly yhe same issue.

This has been working correctly for for us for over a year and last week we have started experiencing the same bug as above with the parameter search.

Deepanshumig15

I have been experiencing the same bug for the last 1-2 weeks. If anyone has any alternative solution well appreciated.

pduong1
Regular Visitor

I have noticed that the behavior doesn't appear to be entirely consistent.

I have my parameter values set to pull available values from a query in the RDL. I am using this with a "Single Select" parameter. When I open the parameter drop down and manually scroll and click on a value, it seems to always work as intended. When I type in text to search for a value, the drop down will correctly update/filter the list in the drop down, however clicking values in this filtered list may or may not work. The "View Report" button will always light up yellow as if new paramters were chosen but when it does not work it will simply rerun with the previous set of parameters.

One way I have been able to confirm if it is working or not is by hovering over the parameter after clicking a value in the dropdown. The tooltip will properly show what parameter is being selected and this value may or may not match the value I chose in the dropdown. The tooltip always reflects the value that ends up passed through to the underlying RDL.

I have not tested this with a "Select Multiple" parameter/date.

ssraju
Regular Visitor

we are facing the same issue. Hope microsoft fix this ASAP.

Thanks