Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service - No visuals

Hi,

Some of our users see no visuals when they log into PBI Service. They just see a blank screen. This can be fixed by clearing cache of the browser (IE11 and Chrome both) but this isn't ideal. Can you advice why this is happening?

Thanks

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Nishantjain,

1. Does this issue happen to one specific report or all reports on Power BI service? 

2. Which kind of visuals do you mean have this issue? 

3. Please share issued pbix file with us. You can upload it to your Onedrive and send the URL to me via private message. 

4. Please update IE and Chrome browser to the latest version then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

sebbayard
Helper I

Hi @Nishantjain,

have the same issue and realized this is happening to reports created from the data set in PBI Service containing certain custom visuals. In my case it was the 'Hierachy slicer' and 'KPI Card with styles'.

My solution was to edit the report, re-importing the affected visuals, saving the report. Now they work again.

Cheers from Stockholm, Sweden

Ben

Nishantjain
Continued Contributor

@v-qiuyu-msft

Please see my response below 

1. Does this issue happen to one specific report or all reports on Power BI service?  

- All reports on Power BI service for the effected users

2. Which kind of visuals do you mean have this issue? 

- All the visuals. The whole window goes blank

3. Please share issued pbix file with us. You can upload it to your Onedrive and send the URL to me via private message. 

- Unfortunately, this isn't related to a particular pbix file so not sure. 

4. Please update IE and Chrome browser to the latest version then test again. 

- I rely on our IT team for this but if you can give me any direction if the IE /Chrome version may cause this, I can follow up with the team. 

This is related to cache because as soon as it is cleared on both browser, it seems to work for the user. 

Not sure how much I can help and with limited information I can give you, don't know if you can help me. It would be useful if you can point me in a direction that I can investigate further at my end. 

Thanks