Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service - Export to PDF - Custom page sizes no longer scale to fit page

Steps to reproduce:

1. In Power BI Desktop set page size to custom, e.g. 698 x 1026 (approximately A4 paper size, which isn't available in Power BI). No background.

2. Publish to Power BI Service

3. Open report in Power BI Service

4. Select Export to PDF

Expected behaviour:

Rendering engine scales the report to page. 

Result in previous version of Power BI service:

As expected.

Result in current version of Power BI service:

Report does not scale. Only a small part of the report is visible on the PDF page. Scrollbars are applied to the PDF (!?).

One workaround is to change the page size to "Letter" size, but this is not quite the same as A4, which is the standard for my organisation's country.

It also works fine in Power BI Desktop.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I tested on my side follow your steps but not able to reproduce the issue. Please test again to see if the same issue occurs. 

q1.PNGq2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

I have a similar issue.

Custom page size: 1280 * 1804 pixels

Only first page of the report is custom, the other are not bu are hidden in the report.

Choosing include or exclude hidden pages do not change anything: first page is truncated. When the hidden pages are included the first page is truncated but the other are fine.

The pdf were produced correctly before. The issue only happened recently. This is breaking one of our process.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am experiencing an issue identical to this

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is stlil occurring and no response to my post 19th September - is this being investigated as an issue please?  @v-qiuyu-msft 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The workaround for this is to enter Edit mode for the report and set the View for EACH PAGE of the report to "Fit to Page". Then save the report. 

This is ridiculous.

CC: @Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

This doesn't resolve my issue and I've demonstrated that with their support team who have escalated it to the product team (6 days ago).

Export to pdf from the service even now includes hidden tooltip pages.

This is clearly an issue only precipitated by recent changes to the PowerBI service in the last 6 weeks as no similar issues previously 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 150092384. PG team are investigating further to find root cause, will update here once the ETA is available. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Fix to be in PROD would be 15th November.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I'll keep an eye out around then to see if the deployed fix has the desired affect