Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Service - Export Underlying data is incorrect

When clicking the ... on a visual (table, matrix table or chart) and select Export Data, then select underlying data, it's only including (1) record in the .xlsx file. It appears to summarize everything into one record and it's only displaying any calculated columns and measures.

This was previously working but was broken during a release around 10/2018.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kwilky ,

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue. I would suggest you test again, if issue still occurs, please share pbix file. If it's possible, you can upload your pbix file to your OneDrive and send the share link to me via private message. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kwilky 

I met the exact same issue here.

Based on testing of different criteria, I found other issues as well.

1. If your matrix with more than 5 measures and no field value (measures only) and the measures involve more than 3 tables, the exporting underlying data won't work. Check the Chrome console I got this 

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()

POST https://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net/export/xlsx 500

2. For the cases in point 1, once I added a field from any table into that matrix (not measure), the exporting underlying data will work. But the results are incorrect, the columns are randomly selected, sometimes all the columns from one table, or maybe only three columns returned and none of them is related to the measures. Really weird.