Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Service - Dates dd/mm/yyyy and mm/dd/yyyy

Have an issue where a report built in Power BI desktop with NZ regional dates dd/mm/yyyy works fine when Published into the Service.

If the report is then refreshed in the Service, from Sharepoint, the dates change to US mm/dd/yyyy and the report no longer displays days > 13. 

Been through and checked all the settings for the regional dates, in the desktop, Sharepoint, IE, Chrome, etc etc.

Any ideas are welcome?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @RLP_NZ,

What's the SharePoint time zone and browser language you used to view the report do you use? 

Does these date values display in slicer visual or other visuals? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

RLP_NZ
Regular Visitor

Hi,

SharePoint time zone is (UTC+12:00) Auckland, Wellington; Locale is English (New Zealand)

Browser is IE 11 using English (New Zealand) [en-NZ]

Dates are not displaying in visuals.

By the way the files, that the report is refreshed from stored in SharePoint are CSV files.

Today when I publish from the Desktop (where it is fine) the report is no longer working straight away, 

On Friday it was fine when published, and then no longer working on refresh???

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @RLP_NZ,

I'm not very clear about "Dates are not displaying in visuals.". The Date column should come from CSV file in SharePoint online, in the report, which visual do you use to display the Date column? 

Would you please share a screenshot about date values in report? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

RLP_NZ
Regular Visitor
  • Power BI DesktopPower BI DesktopPower BI ServicePower BI Service
  • On the left snip is the report on the desk top, when I publish it the dates are read as MM/dd/yy and then there is no information showing.
RLP_NZ
Regular Visitor

Built a completely new report using the same CSV files.

Dates display correctly in the Desktop

Upload to service and Dates display correctly

Refreshed the Dataset and the Dates do not display

Downloaded the PBIX file and dates did not display, refreshed and dates displayed.

Looks like when the data is refreshed in the service from a CSV file, it is using the wrong date format. 

RLP_NZ
Regular Visitor

Fixed this with a work around.

Imported as text and delimited the date and time to two columns.

Delimited the date to day, month and year to three columns

New Column using #date(Y,M,D)

Dates now display correctly on refresh in the Service.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @RLP_NZ,

Glad to hear you find the solution by yourselfSmiley Happy. May I close this thread now? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu