Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Service - Can't Scroll Left Through Report Tabs

When viewing a report in the Power BI service, I can't scroll through the list of tabs/pages in the report. The left triangle button in the lower left corner, to the left of report page tabs, does nothing. I have had this problem consistently for several weeks, and my client has reported the same.

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@roso,

I am unable to reproduce this issue both in Edge and Chrome. What web browser do you use? Could you please check in different web browsers?
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

roso
Regular Visitor

Hi Lydia,

I've now heard from two different individuals who are having the same issue in this report. I have the problem with Chrome and I've just reproduced it in Firefox, as well.

I wonder if it might be because of the very large number of tabs in the report - There are 98 pages, to be exact. In retrospect this probably wasn't a great way to structure the report, and we ended up with more pages than we expected, but I wonder if that might be the reason. Since we've already pinned the pages to a large number of dashboards, splitting up the report/PBX file into smaller reports would be extremely difficult at this point - Is there anything else that can be done? Would it help to share the report directly with you so you can have a look?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@roso,

I am unable to reproduce this issue even if I have more than 98 report pages in a single report. Please share the PBIX file via Private message so that I can test.

Regards,
Lydia

exceptionull
Regular Visitor

@v-yuezhe-msft,

I ran into this same issue recently.

I found that it was ultimately caused by a hidden page within the report. Other factors involved are the screen resolution and zoom precentage of the browser. I could only reproduce it at lower resolutions by resizing the browser window smaller.

Google Chrome - Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1. Publish report to service
  2. Go to Page 25
  3. Resize the browser window (My example is around 1024 x 768)
  4. Refresh the browser window
  5. Click the "previous pages" button

You can see in the developer console that angular click event is the calling scrollToNext() on the .carouselNavButton .nextPage button.

tab_navigation_bug.gif

tab_navigation_bug.gif

Thank you,

Brad Cannon

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@roso @exceptionull,

Thanks for sharing the PBIX file. Do you change resolution of your computer? If so, at least 1440x900 or 1600x900 (16:9) recommended. Lower resolutions such as 1024x768 or 1280x800 are not recommended, as certain settings will not perform well in such resolutions.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

exceptionull
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

No, I just resized the browser window to 1024 x 768. I've also noticed the issue can occur based on the expanded / collapsed state of the filter and group workspace navigation at lower resolutions.

This issue was happening for some users in our organization with older laptops with a native resolution of 1600 x 900. I didn't ask at the time, but they probably didn't have the browser window maximized.

Next time this issue comes up, I will let them know of the recommended resolutions.

Thank you,

Brad Cannon

roso
Regular Visitor

Hi there,

Sorry for the late followup. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who's experienced this. I just wanted to let you know that the problem seems to have been corrected without any action on my end - Not sure why.