Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service App Permissions not Saving

Hello,

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with App Permissions not saving?  It is preventing me from given access to users because it will not persist after I update.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @cthurston

What's the detail App Permissions you mean? Please check if you meet the same issue as this one: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Publishing-an-APP-causes-reshare-permission-to-be-present-on...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

rbalassa

I had the same problem. What I did to solve this issue is to remove the user from the Workspace Access. Once I removed him, I was able to add him to the App Permissions.

K8yT
Regular Visitor

I keep having the same issue - when I add a user on the Permissions tab and then hit 'Update APP', it doesn't save the person i've added. This has been happening for a couple of months now across different APPs. It used to be a case of doing it 3 or 4 times and then it would finally save but even that doesn't seem to work any more and it just won't save the user, no matter how many times I try to add them. I've tried clearing my cache and cookies but that didn't help.