Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Service Acting Up

For the past few days, I haven't been able to see the status of my datasets (the icon that indicated whether last refresh has failed or a current refresh is going on). This makes it really difficult to tell what's going on.

Also, the default slicer which used to stay a different colour when an item is selected no longer does that. This is confusing users.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

1. Which kind of icon do you mean? You can go to the Dataset Settings find this dataset, click on Refresh History to check refresh status. 

2. I'm not very clear about the issue with slicer you mean. Would you please share some screenshots to clarify it? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

1. Previously, when I go the datasets screen in Power BI online, I am able to see which datasets are refreshing and which have failed without going into each and every dataset. I have over 80 datasets in my workspace and it is very time consuming to have to go into each and every dataset to see which has failed. Also, the failure / success messages on the datasets themselves are often incorrect. Sometimes it'll say last refresh succeeded when it hasn't and at other times it will say it failed when a refresh is currently happening.

2. The slicer is the standard slicer. When I have it set to specific colours, on hover, it will change to a different colour but once selected, it doesn't indicate which are selected as it does in Power BI Desktop.

I've included some some screenshots below.

Thanks!

-Winnie

refreshicons.PNGrefreshincorrectstatus.PNGslicerissueonline.PNGslicerindesktop.PNG

simr
Frequent Visitor

I am getting this issue as well. Our organisation is on Premium

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous@simr

1. I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

2. The same issue already reported internally before: CRI 76299330. Will update here as well once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks Qiuyun

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The fix for the issue regarding refresh icon will reach production next week.

For the issue regarding slicer selected color, you can keep an eye on its status in Support site: 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu