Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI - Sequence contains more than one element

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a report in PowerBi desktop which retrieves data in directquery mode, throught a query statement inserted as Source.

The source data rest on two different Databases on SqlServer, tied appropriately between them.

These data are querying on Sql server where they are overturned from a datalake.

The report layout is composed by a simple grid-table, and two slicer.

Sometimes happens that when I open the report on Desktop to visualize it appears a message like these:

"com error Microsoft PowerBi.client OleDbProvider,sequence contains more than one element".

If I goback to Transform Data mode, open the  the Source panel and copy and paste again the Sql Statement originary and close&apply the report appears again.

That's no a solution, obviously.

Is there someone who can suggest me where is the issue and how can I solve it? Thank you

Please try to create a new blank report to connect to the data source or update Power BI Desktop version to the latest version (2.99.862.0 Nov 2021)to check it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Please try to create a new blank report to connect to the data source or update Power BI Desktop version to the latest version (2.99.862.0 Nov 2021)to check it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Toretto70
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the answer. I'll try with the blank query as you mentioned. 

Regarding the version, I have installed the latest release before doing this report