Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Reports are very slow to load

Hi,

I am trying to accessing power bi reports from India.

URL which i try to hit is app.powerbi.com

The pages are taking 5-10 mins to load.

Is there any issue ?

Regards,

Nishant Vyas

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @nishantvyas,

Only this specific report load slowly? Does this report contain large amount of data? How about other reports?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

nishantvyas
Frequent Visitor
Hi,

when we try to access dashboard it was taking ages to refresh.
Regards,
Nishant Vyas
NateSlate85
Regular Visitor

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue. I only have 3,600 rows and 10 columns. Everything works well when imported, including the time it takes to import, load visuals, and use drill downs. However, it takes minutes to load visuals and use drill downs when using a direct query from a SQL database. Are there any obvious issues to look for? 

nishantvyas
Frequent Visitor

Check for the access rights. If you have added roles to previously non role based dashboard then this issue can occur. The solution is assign the user to the role to have built recently.

PS: I assume that you have added roles based access after deploying and sharing dashboard.

NateSlate85
Regular Visitor

Thanks! That's good to know. I haven't added roles yet, but will certainly watch for that issue. I'm in the early drafting phase after receiving database access. The SQL programmer built a view to specifications and I'm direct querying that into PBI. I've also played around with what's in the visuals and oddly fields with dollar values give me greater lag.