Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Report and Dashboard Subscriptions not working

At the moment, we are not receiving any pre-set report or dashboard subscriptions.

We have checked:

1) Spam filter - all whitelisted, as we also recieve refresh failure notifications, as well as dashboard sharing and other messages

2) We have PRO licenses (albeit just Extended trial).

3) Datasets we tested the subscriptions on refreshed successfully

Can we please get some help or reply from MS?

I have read through following thread and no sufficient answer or solution was given
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Not-able-to-get-Email-Subscriptions-to-work/td-p/115311/pag...

Thanks

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue with Pro trial account on my side. In your scenario, please run fiddler with below option enabled then refresh dataset manually wait for a while, save all sessions and upload .saz file to your OneDrive, send the link in private message to me. Please note if the dataset refresh more than once a day, you will only receive the email snapshot after the first refresh.

Fiddler.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, unfortunately due to company policy I cannot install and run fiddler.

However I don't think you not beeing able to re-produce it is a good enough evidence there is no issue, the linked thread had many other users reporting the same.

Also, please note that I am on extended 1 year trial. Perhaps the behaviour is different between standard 60day and the extended trials. Which trial type did you try it with? 

Thanks

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have tested both in Power BI pro trial 1 year and 60 days, the report get data from SQL Server database can works with subscribe function. In your scenario, please check if the subscribe not working with a specific report or all reports. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

FYI I have submitted a support ticket for this as well, might be something specific to our tenant.

To answer - Yes it is across all reports, once I change my license from Trial to paid PRO - I suddenly receive all subscriptions no problem.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems the issue related to the specific account. 

It would be better if you can update the solution here once the issue is solved by get help from Microsoft engineer, which will benefit other members who have the same issue. Thanks. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu