Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Report Server not using the list setting in regional settings csv delimiter

Hi,

When exporting data to csv the Power BI Report Server is not uising the server "List separator" set in the regional settings but is by deafult using (,) comma. This causes issues when you have dimensional data in you data warehouse containing commas.

Comments
Muhammad_786

Hi Dear All,

Am totaly new with power BI I want to start this amezing program for my company .I got some basic knowldge which is required fro this .I have one main issue that I want to work with my all fellow workers.Basically I want to be an admin for my company But i have no idea how can I handel this .I have in strating more tahn 20 persons I want to share data with them I try to distribute date through Row level Security but unfortunatly am not satisfied with this system .You guys have much experince with this software.It would be much appriciated if some body can guide me properly how can I handel this issue .Is ther any other system which I can use for security or I dont need.

Waiting for quick feedback.

Thanks

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you mean you want to export the Power BI report hosts in Power BI report server to CSV without using comma(,) as field delimiter, right?

q2.PNG

Which kind of setting "the server "List separator" set in the regional settings" did you mean, can you share a screenshot?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Muhammad_786,

Row-level security (RLS) is used to restrict data access for given users. Filters restrict data at the row level. See: Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI.

To share reports in Power BI, you can refer to this article: How should I collaborate and share dashboards and reports?

By the way, as your issue is different from the topic of this thread. Please create a new thread in Service forum to get dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Muhammad_786

Hi,

Am also new with PBI .I tried To make relationship between two tables like In one table I have Branche name and branch number With Current Year Sales and other elements and in  other table I have same Branch name and branch number For target sales when I tried to compare I got the same error that I have some Unique Values.

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

I have made a mistake and this thread can be deleted or marked as resolved. After further investigating the isssue was not with the export data function in the Report Server.

Best Ragards,

Peter