Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Report Server - map not displaying in Internet Explorer 11 , displays properly in Chrome

Report published to Power BI Report Server

Map visual does not render in Internet Explorer

Version: 11.1007.10586.0
Update Versions: 11.0.44

When opened in Google Chrome display renders fine

Version 62.0.3202.94 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bp,

Are you run Power BI report server October version? 

Based on my test with October version, the map visual can display fine in IE 11 version. 

w1.PNG

In your scenario, please try to update the report server and IE to same version as ours, then clear the IE cache test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

bp
Frequent Visitor
Hi thanks for responding We are running the latest release (October 2017), I have cleared the cache and it's still not rendering. The version of IE is dictated by our IT department so it's not possible to upgrade at will. It renders perfectly in Power BI Desktop and Google Chrome. B
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bp,

Please try to test in the same IE version in different machines to see if the issue only happens to this specific machine. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

bp
Frequent Visitor
Hi, I have already tested it on different machines with several different users and the same error is happening. Thanks B
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bp,

It seems that the issue related to IE 11.1007.10586.0. Could you please find a machine which has the same IE version as ours then check if the map renders fine. 

Besides, there is a new Power BI report server release (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56137) , you can update it to see if the issue can be fixed. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu