Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Report Server fialing on Windows Server 2016

Hi,

The Report Server is faling to launch on on a Windows Server 2016 with .NET Framwork 4.5.2 installed. The event viewer apperently reports that the Report Server is running on a lower version than the supported version.

Any information on how to reoslve this issue is appreciated.

Application: RSManagement.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Net.HttpListenerException

at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()

at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinHttpListener.Start(System.Net.HttpListener, System.Func`2<System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>,System.Threading.Tasks.Task>, System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>>, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>, System.Func`2<System.String,System.Func`6<System.Diagnostics.TraceEventType,Int32,System.Object,System.Exception,System.Func`3<System.Object,System.Exception,System.String>,Boolean>>)

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinServerFactory.Create(System.Func`2<System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>,System.Threading.Tasks.Task>, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(System.Object, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo)

at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.ServerFactory.ServerFactoryAdapter.Create(Owin.IAppBuilder)

at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.HostingEngine.Start(Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.StartContext)

at Microsoft.BIServer.Management.WebHost.Program.Main(System.String[])

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

1. I would suggest you check if your environment meet the requirements listed in this article: Hardware and software requirements for installing Power BI Report Server. As it's stated, .NET Framework version 4.6 is required, please update it to this version.

2. Please try to download the latest report server installer file from here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

ogrishman

I have the exactly same problem. I checked the environment requirements and the only exception in my case is that I updated Windows Server and now I have .Net Framework 4.7 instead of 4.6. How can we confirm the issue is caused by version 4.7?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on this?