Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Report Server Version1.14.8179.37378(May 2022) + Power BI Desktop Authentication Error

Hi, I'not sure if this is a bug, but after update Power BI Report Server from Jan(2022) to May(2022) and update Power BI Desktop optimized for Report Server I could face an error during Organizational Account credential connection: "Organizational account we're unable to connect. Please delete your credentials". 

I tryied to delete credentials and connect again without success. I dowgraded only the Power BI Desktop optimized for Report Server to version 2.100.4082.0 64-bit (January 2022) and try to update the report, with this approach the issue desappear. 

Ps. I'm connecting with spreadsheet stored in SharePoint.  

Hi @Ito_c 

Since you haven't responded to the message for a long time, I will close this issue, if there is a problem, you can reopen an issue.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Ito_c 

At present, it seems to be a problem of updating Desktop to the latest version. Can you provide the steps for your connection operation so that I can better feedback the problem? Your current workaround is to use the latest version of PBI Report Server to connect to the January version of Desktop, right?

Best Regards,

Ito_c
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft, yes the workaround is use the latest Power BI Report Server (May 2022) with Power BI Desktop (Jan 2022). Due some internal rules, the report update must be occur with Organizational Account using Power BI Desktop. After update in Power BI Desktop we publish in Power BI Report Server. With the latest version of Power BI Desktop (May 2022) the pop-up with option to login with Organizational Account appear and close in 1 second. With Power BI Desktop (Jan 2022) version, this pop-up don't desapear and is possible to see the Organizational Account and click to login. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Ito_c 

I have submitted your issue to ICM , the ID is 314161369 . I'll be back with an update if there's any news .

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @Ito_c 

Our PG tested with version 2.105.1143.0 and was not able to repro the issue . Can you uninstall your previous May version, reinstall it, and retest it ?

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Ito_c 

Since you haven't responded to the message for a long time, I will close this issue, if there is a problem, you can reopen an issue.

Best Regards,