Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Report Server September 2019 - Dropdown slicer jumps to top after selecting an item

Hello everyone,

I am opening a new issue because there are no news on this bug. I am refering to this post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Dropdown-slicer-jumps-to-top-after-selecting-an-item/idc-p/8...

"When selecting an item in a dropdown slicer, the list of items jumps back to top, making it incredibly frustrating to select multiple values from a long list. Toggling single select does not change this behavior."

In Power BI Desktop it should be fixed because we didn´t see this behaviour recently. But it is still occuring in Power BI Desktop Report Server September 2019 and on the server itselfs.

We are using:

Desktop Version: 2.73.5586.1241 64-bit (September 2019)

Server Version 1.6.7221.30698 (September 2019)

In my case the slicer got a list with 107 differnt items and from the 20th position it is jumping to the top after selecting an item.

Best,

morgy

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Mogry ,

I have made a test but couldn't reproduce your issue, the slicer will not jump to the top when I select one value with scroll bar rolling down. I use the sep version.

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

If 

Mogry
Advocate I

Hi Jimmy,

maybe it is important to mention that I am using direct query to a sql server view on prem?

Today someone else reported this issue as well: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Dropdown-slicer-jumps-to-top-after-selecting-an-item/idc-p/8...

Cheers

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Mogry ,

I changed the to direct query mode but I am still not able to reproduce your issue. Please open options and clear the cache and check if this issue persists.

Capture.PNG 

If this issue still persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Mogry
Advocate I

@v-yuta-msft 

I checked the options and cleared the cache, but still have this issue. Closed and opened the file, still the same issue. From the behaviour, and the fact that others have the same issue, I would think that this is the bug which got already fixed in the normal Power BI version.

Then I will open a ticket, but for report issues I thought this is the correct place.

Mogry
Advocate I

@v-yuta-msft 

New intel that I got: When I am deleting all other pages or unsync the slicer on other pages the issue is not occuring. I think it has something to do with sync slicers. But I already opened a ticket and working with the support.
Mogry
Advocate I

The Power BI Support wrote to me, that they are just looking into Power BI Desktop issues and not Report Server issues. That is a little bit disappointing to hear after many days and shared informations. But they also wrote: "Yes, we have escalated to product team for this fix we will come back to you with ETA on this." and "As issue is in Report server we have escalated to respective, they will be contacting you soon today."

So I understand that this is an acknowledged bug and if I get any more information on this I will report it here.

Mogry
Advocate I

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to report, that this officially is a bug and will be fixed in the next February 2020 Update.