Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Report Server Log Files

Dear Microsoft Team,

I've expected a strange behaviour of log file creation within Power BI Report Server Log-Folder.

During patchday some reboots were performed and Report Server creates after each reboot at least two RSPortal_*** log file.

Log-Overwiew.PNG

As you can see from screenshot and log's name when it's created. Always two logs are created but only one is going to be filled with logh entries and lastwritetime will be changed.

But the log which isn't filled it blocked by RSporal.exe which is think may cause the issue.

Try to change name will cause a warning:

Log-In-Use.PNG

But I can rename log which is currently be filled with log entries whichout any problem.

Log-In-Use_but-can-change.PNG

When I rename file, it will go ahead any create a new log file as you can see from screenshot as well over yellow marked one.

I can adjust this iussue at Power Server Versions 15.0.1102.371 and 15.0.1102.646.

Therefore I'm analyzing log files for issues it would be great to get this fixed, as well as when file is blocked I can't archive it and hosting service will get issues like this:

Hosting.PNG

Therefore hoisting log is going to be filled up with issues and mess up analysis.

Don't hesitate to contact me for more details.

Many thanks

Daniel

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

To get faster and better technical support for this issue, you may directly create a support ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

I've tested newest Power BI RS version 2020-10 and it looks like issue is fixed, also there is a BugFix note at ChangeLog:

Bug fixes

• Fixed issue preventing users from changing Power BI report refresh schedules.
  • Fixed confusing error message users got managing reports when credentials had expired.
  • Fixed issue with exporting reports with periods in their name.
  • Fixed screen reader issues in a tablix.
  • Fixed issue with log files being blank in some circumstances.
  • Fixed issue with "Connect to Power BI" dialog not closing
  • Updated MHTML renderer to use newer HTML DOCTYPE

Best regards

Daniel