Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Report Server Download Link to incorrect version of Power BI Desktop

We are running Power BI Report Server Version 1.2.6690.34729 (March 2018). I recently noticed that the Download link to Power BI Desktop is for Microsoft Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server - May 2019) and is incompatible with our version of Power BI Report Server.

When we upload an updated Power BI file we receive the following error:

Can’t upload this report
     We can't save this Power BI Desktop report because either it is newer version or has component parts that are not supported.

Does anyone have a link to the Power BI Desktop Optimized for Power BI Report Server March 2018?

The users who have upgraded or completed new installs using the provided download link are unable to publish to the server and are not making any updates to reports in fear that their work will be unusable.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @adamhuffman

I'm afraid there is no link to download the Power BI Desktop Optimized for Power BI Report Server March 2018 version installer package. You can consider upgrading your Power BI report server to the version that is compatible with the current Power BI desktop optimized for report server version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

adamhuffman
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your comment Qiuyun Yu. 

I will reach out to the community and hope that someone out there has the install file to "Microsoft Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server - March 2018)" 

If anyone has the install file to  "Microsoft Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server - March 2018)"  please let me know via a private message or as a comment here.

Thank you,

-Adam