Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Report Server - Custom Visuals Taking A Long Time To Load

When using Power BI Report Server in an environment that does not have internet access, custom visuals take approx 2 minutes before they are displayed. This behaviour is the same when editing a report in Power BI Desktop and also viewing a report in the Report Server portal.

In Power BI Desktop, the custom visuals take approx 2 minutes before they are displayed in the visualizations pane. Once they display, the visual is then displayed in the report with populated data. This does not affect standard Microsoft Power BI Visuals - these display fine without issue.

Is there something we can do to force the custom visuals to not check for an update and display quicker? It is frustrating looking at a report where only half of the page has displayed because the other half are custom visuals.

Thankyou.

You can try to download your needed custom visuals from Microsoft AppSource and import them into Power BI Dekstop to create visuals based on the data table.

vyingjl_0-1644566009303.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

You can try to download your needed custom visuals from Microsoft AppSource and import them into Power BI Dekstop to create visuals based on the data table.

vyingjl_0-1644566009303.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Jarrod
Helper III

Hi @v-yingjl,

This is how we currently import our visuals. Visuals take about 2 minutes before they import. This is not really a problem because you only need to import once per PBIX. The problem is when we try to display these reports, they take a couple of minutes before the custom visuals will display.

Jarrod
Helper III

Hi @v-yingjl,

Is there any update to this issue?

Jarrod
Helper III

Hi @Petebro, perhaps you can shine some of your Report Server wisdom on this one as well? A user reported the same thing in Custom Visuals Taking Longer Time To Load - Microsoft Power BI Community. Upon discussions with the Zebra BI team, they have had a number of users also report this. Suspect it has something to do with custom visuals checking for updates and not being able to access the internet on these offline servers as this is not a problem when I launch Power BI desktop on my network connected laptop. Is there a way perhaps to completely disable this check for updates in an offline environment or resolve another way if there is another issue here?

Jarrod
Helper III

Hi All,

Is there any update to this?

Jarrod
Helper III

Hi @Petebro,

Is this something you could look into please?

RodrigoMachado
Frequent Visitor

I've been facing the same issue for the last couple of years. @Jarrod 

Jarrod
Helper III

@v-yingjl @v-xiaoyan-msft @Petebro 

Any update at all team?

Petebro
Employee

I was investigating but was unable to reproduce this. Please open a support ticket because I think extra private information will need to be gathered.

Jarrod
Helper III

Hi All,

Believe we have resolved this by disabling EnableCDNVisuals in report server config. Can be closed.

Cheers