Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Report Builder won't open after most recent update

Hi, Since updating Power BI report builder to the most recent version, I am unable to open the app. I get the below error message

JimJim_0-1600351039456.png

Also, I am unable to open PowerBI desktop without error, I get the following message:

JimJim_1-1600351092495.png

I have no idea what CustomerInsights module is, it certainly isn't something that I added to the report so I'm assuming it's an internal module by Microsoft. PowerBI desktop does open but it does not display any visuals or model.

Comments
JimJim
Helper V

I have uninstalled Power BI Report Builder and reinstalled but this issue still persists.

hbouk
Frequent Visitor

I saw the notification today to update from 15.6.1272.3 to version 15.6.1340.2 and proceeded to update.  I tried to create a new report starting from a blank template.  I tried to connect to a Power BI Dataset and was unable to login.  I tried clicking the signin button in the top right corner of the application and ran into the same signin error message.  

I opened a browser and verified that I could sign in using my email address and password.  I saw your post and wondered if this new build was completely bad.  I had the previous install file on my computer so I uninstalled the current version then installed the old version.  The old version already had me signed in and I don't have any issues connecting to my Power BI datasets.