I'm pretty new to Power BI and Custom Visuals.
I'm using API v 1.10 and Report Server on prem (March 2018).
Steps to replicate the bug:
1. create custom visual
2. import custom visual in Power BI Desktop for RS
3. include visual in report page
4. deploy report on report server
5. verify custom visual working fine
6. change visual guid
7. import visual in PBI Desktop again
8. use newly imported visual in report page
9. deploy report on report server
11. try to delete and reimport visual with old guid / with new guid or anything else
12 deploy on report server
13 verify custom visual still not working
14 import any other custom visual
15 deploy on report server
16 verifiy even other untouched custom visuals don't show up.
After deleting custom visual with new guid, when reimporting will show the 'update visual' popup..
Can you please try to replicate / help ?
Is any way to bring pbix file back to a 'stable' version?
Would you please share .pbiviz file of your custom visual with us? You can upload it to your OneDrive and share the link here.
Best Regards,Qiuyun Yu
thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately pbix where I encountered the issue contains customer data that can't be shared.
I can see if I can replicate in a report with other data.
Have you reproduced the issue with other data? You can share custom visual .pbiviz file with us, then we can try to check if the issue can be reproduced on ours side.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.