Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Publishing Problem

Dear community.

Me and my colleges are experiencing a strange issue for already an hour.

If I try to publish a report that already exists in a workspace (any workspace, including "My workspace"), the publishing does not complete. First I get asked if I want to overwrite the existing one, I choose "yes", the publishing begins, but it never ends. The model is a live connection to AAS, so no actual data is being transfered to PBI Service. I'm using the lates version of Power BI, and I've tried different combinations of reports/workspaces. The problem is always the same: we cannot overwrite an existing report.

Yes, we have latest version of PBI Desktop and yes we have access to workspace/report/publishing to that workspace. It was working yesterday and nothing has changed from then.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

UPD: The publish will succeed if you wait 30-40 minutes.

Comments
fredgoddeeris

I'm experiencing kind of the same error/issue:
When we try to update a published app, we are unable to publish changes. New users are not added or new reports are not included

Alvin_Rogpott
Regular Visitor

ive been experiencing the same for most of the day.

farsu436
Advocate I

Same here

irobba
Helper I

Been experiencing this problem most of the day today as well. 

Now can't sign in to Power BI at all. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous @irobba  @farsu436 @Alvin_Rogpott @fredgoddeeris ,

This is a intermittent issue and the issue should go away now. Could you please check if you can publish PBIX file successfully and get any issues in Power BI Service ?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Alvin_Rogpott
Regular Visitor

all working now thanks

farsu436
Advocate I

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft 

I've just tried publishing a report and it took an awful long to do it. It used to take seconds to publish a very lite report like this. 

SwedeJones
Frequent Visitor

Same thing is common for me. I have many reports running live connection to existing Power BI data sets. Those reports can take forever if not literally forever until I feel I need to kill PBI and reboot computer in lack of a better option. It is a simple overwrite of existing report. This is light weight as there is not model in the report and only one or two pages of stuff.