Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Pro Web is extremely slow

Has anyone else notice PowerBI Pro is extremely slow over the last week 12/10/18 to present day?  We have been getting the following messages off and on.  Reports sometimes run okay and other times they fail and it seem to be the reliability (lack) of the MS service.  If we run via the PowerBI Pro Desktop things run much faster and don't fail.  Over a month ago, we didn't have the issue, but it's getting worse as the days/weeks go by to the point it's unusable.  So far MS support does not seem to do anything and claim 

"We regret to agree to your concern. However, we try our best to provide our best to our users.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the product limitation or product not working as per your expectation. I totally agree with you and all of your concerns and they are completely valid.

Our Product team pushes improvements and features on weekly basis. These improvements are planned well in advance. But there are some of the improvements which will have lot of dependencies due to which it takes long time and sometimes it becomes extremely hard for us to define an ETA even though we have a road map of improving the feature. We hope you understand the complexity here. Our focus is always on improving customer experience and giving what customer is looking for sooner or later."

This visual has exceeded the available resources. Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

More detailsThe XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. Timeout value: 225 sec.
Comments
DavidKett
Advocate IV

Hey Kevin, 

We have been experiencing very similar issues. The Power BI Service has been very sluggish across different users PCs, different PBI Service Tenants, and different PBI Regions for the past week. We haven't seen any errors but I am sure there is a timeout error for actions in the PBI Service that hit a time threshold which is what you are probably experiencing. 

I am guessing that this is an issue with updates to PBI Service and MSFT is working on resolving this issue. The question is how soon...

Best, 

David

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@kwyoung001,

Do you get the perfromance issue in all Power BI reports? What web browser do you use? Please try different web browsers and check if same issue occurs.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

kwyoung001
Regular Visitor

@v-yuezhe-msft,

Thanks for the reply.  I've used Safari, IE and both are experiencing the same issue.  I've also gone against two PowerBI workspaces with the same results.  This was not an issue a mont ago, but over the last month perforamnce has degraded.  As mentioned if I run the reports through PowerBI Desktop they run much faster and most without issue.  

In my ticket with MS I provided traces via Fiddler and within those traces there are 404 Errors.

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Thanks,

Kevin

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@kwyoung001 @DavidKett,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side, I would recommend you open a support ticket in Power BI support site.

Regards,
Lydia