Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Premium Capacity Security issue

I have just had a meeting with two of our users who have admin right for the workspaces which is in premium,
they don’t have any tenant/capacity admin rights but They were able to change the capacity from the workspace context.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Anonymous 

I have tested on my side, it works well.

Try to restart capacity see if it works, if other admin users could  change the capacity from the workspace context? and make sure these two users are not assigned the admin in one group by accident.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-premium-restart

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

thank You for Your advice, unfortunately I still receive below error message when trying to refresh the dataset.

Hide
On demand11/25/2020, 10:26:52 AM11/25/2020, 10:35:34 AMFailedThere was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Data source error:We cannot convert a value of type Record to type List.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:f35baacd-5d7c-466f-5ddf-c5ad2b12a3e4
Request ID:27df758c-eec6-d504-1a2b-bcf4ed6e0370
Time:2020-11-25 09:35:34Z