Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Power BI On-demand refresh and scheduled refresh not working

Hi Team,

The Power BI on-demand and scheduled refreshes are not working after 8.00 AM CET time for North Europe users.

Can you please check this issue and respond. ?

Regards

SHIVA

Comments
yentln

I'm experiencing the same issues.

I used to refresh the dataset manually and the reports would reflect immediately. It was working yesterday but seems to be giving issues today.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@yentln Please post a new thread with detail information. Thanks. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

grkhr
Regular Visitor

Installed last update but it still not working for me.

amaan91
Frequent Visitor

just encountered the same issue in Australia. 
this is after refreshing the data source 2 times and it still only refreshes till friday. 

Refresh Errors.PNG

Kalvis
Regular Visitor

We are having the same issue!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here (Germany). The manual refresh in Desktop is working, the scheduled refresh in Service isn´t. Sometimes I get an error message, sometimes not.

Refresh history.png

jkadilak
Frequent Visitor

This issue has also been posted here. I wrote what worked for me on a response in that post yesterday:

I encountered the same issue. I got it back to working order by:

1. Uninstalling Microsoft Edge WebView2 and
  2. Rolling back my 64-bit Power BI desktop version to 2.95.983.0 64-bit (July 2021).

I don't know which one worked, but I spent too many hours fixing it to experiment further.

I didn't think to remove the checkmark from the Power BI Desktop infrastructure update in the Options and Settings "Preview features" section before trying the troubleshooting actions above. That Preview feature option, connected to Microsoft Edge WebView 2, was released in July 2021.

10/26/21 Update:

I can manually refresh, but scheduled refreshes via the data gateway are not working. I'm assuming that's because my Power BI desktop version (2.95.983.0 64-bit July 2021) doesn't match the Gateway October version (3000.101.16  2021-10-13). I reinstalled the Power BI desktop October version and removed the check mark from Power BI Desktop infrastructure update in the Options and Settings "Preview features" section. This time, the refresh window isn't a phantom. It appears, but hangs on the Evaluating stage for the first table listed and the Waiting for other queries stage for all other tables. I also tried this with the Power BI desktop September/August versions and got the same result. I guess I'll have to stay at the July version and refresh manually until this is fixed.

PBI002.jpg

This is one of the error messages that kept popping up before I started troubleshooting the refresh / apply changes issue. I also received an "Invoke attempt failed" error message.

PBI001.jpg

Before I fixed it, this was the "phantom" window that would appear beside the Power BI window on my (Windows) taskbar. It looks like the small Refresh status window was attempting to appear, but it couldn't complete. What you see in the image below didn't show on the screen, but could hover over the Power BI icon on my taskbar to reveal it. It was triggered by attempting to manually refresh the data or apply changes in the Power Query window.

PBI Phantom Window original.jpg