Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Not Displaying Dashboard after Publishing

A previsouly working Power BI dashboard will not appear in the Power Bi service after publishing.  Nothing was changed in the source file; date was simply refreshed.  When I and other users go to the Power BI service and click on the dashboard in question, all that appears is a blank screen.  No amount of waiting or use of different browsers changes this.

In the Power BI desktop app, the dashboard appears as expected and updates as expected.  It publishes as expected.  It simply isn't viewable once published.  There are no error message in refreshing and no errors in publishing.  No errors appear when attempting to view the dashboard throuygh the service.

Comments
JlmillerRedmond
Employee

One additional note.  What I'm finding is that if I delete the data set and dashboard from the service prior to publishing, it MAY then be visible.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@JlmillerRedmond 

I cannot reproduce the issue. You can always try to delete the dataset and Get data from Power BI Desktop files.

JlmillerRedmond
Employee

This is occurring for multiple teammates with access to the report.  It appears to be an issue with report filters.  When the page comes up blank, a button appears near the upper right offering to reset filters to default.  If I click that button and click through prompts, the report appears.

What seems to be happening is that the Power BI session saves my filter selection, then can't display the report when I come back to it because the published report was filtered differently.  Restoring filters to default cause the filters to change to how they were in the desktop file prior to publishing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft,

I am also having this same issue.  I have reported this previously and I am not getting a resolution.

Dashboards can be seen through content packs, but are only partially visible or just a gray screen in the Apps.

PLEASE fix!!

Michelle

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft ,

Deleting the dataset does not seem to fix the issue.  I have done this multiple times using different browsers.  Also reseting datasets and/or the page doesn't help either.

Michelle

JlmillerRedmond
Employee

As Michelle has done, I have deleted and republished datasets multiple times.  Each time, the dashboard displays on first viewing but does not on return visits to the page.  While there is a fairly easy workaround, I would call this a pretty significant bug since the solution is not readiy apparent and support ranges somewhere between minimal and non-existent.

@v-chuncz-msft