Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Mobile (iOS): An error has occured, please try again.

The mentioned error is shown when I open any dashboard or report. I can login and see the lists of dashboards and reports. But after clicking on an report or dashboard to open it, the error occurs all the time. The error even shows when I want to open the example reports.

The error is shown after I uninstalled the app and re-installed it on my iPad today. Before  that, I got an error like "Error occured. Check your connection" for several weeks. Before that, everything went smoothly.

The iPad uses VPN to connect to a company-internal (Blackberry-)Server, which then communicates with the cloud. Because that server is secured by a firewall I was able to check if traffic was blocked. But there was no blocked traffic.

What now? I'm happy to provide further information, if it helps to find the error!

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Sokon

I cannot repro the same issue on my side with the latest app version in iOS. I think you can try to not use VPN to connect to your company-internal server but just normal network, and open the example reports. If it can be opened properly, then the error may be related to your internal server.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Sokon
Advocate V
Thanks for trying to reproduce the issue. I've got new information. As I said there was not blocked traffic as in "no blocked traffic to data Center "Europe North", where our tenant is located". However, there was blocked traffic to "Europe West" and opening those IPs for outbound traffic solved the issue. Now I don't understand why i need to open ports to a data Center where our data is not supposed to be. This is going to lead to a lot of questions from IT security. Can you provide any information on that?