Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Mobile app Scanned Barcode will not filter report

I have a Power BI report that contains Barcodes as a datasource.   I've been able to publish the report into the service and thus, have it loading on my phone, Iphone X.

Here is my workflow and the issue.

1. Open powerBI app on my phone

2. Click tripple lines ( on upper left hand corner )

3. Click on Scanner in the menu

4. Once Screen loads align the barcode within the camera window

5. The barcode is scanned and the report containing the barcode data type is opened

---  This is where the process breaks down ---

Expected behavior:  The report page will be opened up and the data on the mobile report would automatically filtered to my Barcode that was scanned earlier

Actual behavior:  The report page is opened with not filters applied

6. To try to filter the data I click the ellipsis in the lower left corner of the report

7. In the menu at the bottom click on Barcode Scanner

8. A window opens revealing the camera scanner

9. try to align the same barcode that was user earlier to open the report within the visual window

10. A message pops up stating that there is "No barcode found. Allign code within the frame"

--- again this seems like a bug ---

Actual behavior: nothing happens when the barcode is in shown in the camera screen

Expected Behavior:  I would expect that the barcode would be read, and the filter for the report page would be applied.  

Let me know if this makes sense, if not I would be happy to jump on a phone call or skype call to show you the issue.  It might just be something funny that I am doing with the barcode or an improper setup.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Mike_Carlo,

The mobile team are looking into this issue. See mshenhav's post in this same thread: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/barcode-scanner-doesn-t-filter/m-p/384297/highlight/true...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

RyanAck
Advocate I

Hi Mike and Qiuyun - this one is absolutely brutal for us as an organization. There are a few thousand retail employees that can't use this and it's hurting business!