Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Log Analytics template app not refreshing since June 26st

Hi, 

I have the Power BI Log Analytics template app installed but it doesn't refresh as of June 26st. I reinstalled the app already a couple of times to make sure that I have the latest version.

VSchepens_0-1656934249508.png

I've noticed that around the same time my other reports based on log analytics that I created myself started to fail because one of the dimensions was changed (WorkspaceID --> PowerBIWorkspaceID). Could this be the reason? 

Thanks!

As far as I know, the schema of Log Analytics includes WorkspaceId property which uniques identifier of the workspace containing the artifact being operated on, not the PowerBIWorkspaceID dimension, so it could be the reason of this issue that you can check it.

See:

1. Configuring Azure Log Analytics for Power BI (Preview) 
  2. Using the Log Analytics for Power BI Datasets Template App (preview) 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

As far as I know, the schema of Log Analytics includes WorkspaceId property which uniques identifier of the workspace containing the artifact being operated on, not the PowerBIWorkspaceID dimension, so it could be the reason of this issue that you can check it.

See:

1. Configuring Azure Log Analytics for Power BI (Preview) 
  2. Using the Log Analytics for Power BI Datasets Template App (preview) 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yingjl,

Thanks for the reply. So this means that Microsoft has to launch a new version of the template to solve this issue? 

Kr, 

Valérie