Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI January release (2.54) is not working when source is used as vertica and Direct Query Mode

While Loading data in Power BI with Vertica Direct Query mode, Power BI is not working.

We are getting "we cannot convert the value null to type table" error message.

Steps:

1) Open Power BI and select option Get Data.

2) Use Vertica as Data Source.

3) While making connection select mode as "Direct Query".

4) Select option "Load Data".

Expected Result: We will get "we cannot convert the value null to type table" error message.

Actual Result: Data should get loaded..

Version having issue: 2.54 (January Release)

Version Working fine : 2.51 (October Release)

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

What's the data source exactly?

1. Vertica on-premises;

2. Vertica in AWS;

3. Vertica in Azure;

4. Vertica in Google Cloud.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

JuliaSzulik

Same here. Connecting to on-premises Vertica gives the same result -  "we cannot convert the value null to type table" error message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The source is Vertica on-premises.

Let me know if any other information is requried.

Blame73
Frequent Visitor

Same here, hope this could soon be solved!

1. Vertica on-premises

Cattura.PNG

Edit: I tried connecting to both Vertica 8 and Vertica 9 getting always the same error message.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi All,

I reproduced this issue and had found this is a known issue this morning. The workaround is using the December release of Power BI Desktop for now. The fix will be available in the February release 2018. 

If you didn't keep the December 2017 of Desktop, you can download it from my OneDrive. Please scan the virus first just for safety.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are able to connect vertica database as datasource and developed the reports with vertica database using Power BI Desktop January 2020 version.

But we are facing issues with upload the same PBIX file into power BI Report Server January 2020 version .

Error Message:"We're not able to upload this report. The report was created with a recent version of Power BI Desktop that is not yet supported by this server."

but using a sql server datasource no issues only the prolem using vertica database datasource

Thanks,

Suresh