Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Power BI Goals doesn't update automatically when connected to Analysis Services

I've created a goals report in Power BI Service and have a live connection to Analysis Services. Unfortunately my goal cards are not updated automatically. If I update the dataset from Power BI Service or use the update button at the top right corner in Goals there is no update. The only thing that works is to force an update per goal card (in edit mode entering settings and then force update).

Is this how it's suppose to work when having a live connection to Analysis Services?

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

HI

i have tested on my side, it works well.

try to have a refresh browser to see if it works well. or use another browser to have a test.

Regards,

Lin

petrud

I have refreshed and tried the following browsers but still doesn't refresh the data for the goal cards:

• Google Chrome
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Mozilla Firefox

In the history it still says that it was one day ago since the data was updated/changed. And this is because yesterday I manually did the force update per goal card.

The Analysis Services compatibility level is 1500.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

if so, i would suggest you to submit a support ticket to get further help from support team.

Regards,

Lin

gkh-fbodereau

Hi Petrud.

I have the same issue : no refresh on my goals when the target is a report linked to a Azure Analysis Services model. Only force refresh works.

Did you find a solution ?

Regards,

François

petrud

Hi @gkh-fbodereau 

This is not solved yet but there is a workaround you can do until this is solved. The workaround is that you need a dashboard connected to the report. So pin the visuals in the report to a dashboard.

/Petra

gkh-fbodereau

Hi @petrud 

Thank you for your aswer.

I tried to follow your instructions but I need more precisions. My dashboard is already connected to the report but when I try to pin the visual to a dashboard, PBI doesn't show me my goals dashboard into the list. It shows only dahboards from the same workspace but my goals are created from another workspace

petrud

Hi @gkh-fbodereau,

I have the report, dashboard and goals report in the same workspace, don't know if that is a criteria for the workaround to work but maybe it is. What was explained to me is that a report connected to Analysis Services need to be connected to a dashboard in order for the goals report to get updated automatically. This until the issue is fixed.

So no pinning of visuals/goals from the goals report to a dashboard, pin visuals from the report to a dashboard.