Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Gateway unable to connect to Azure via Proxy

[Repost of another post]

Hi,

I installed Power BI Gateway, way-back when there were two separate installers for Personal vs Enterprise and managed to get it working through our proxy, by setting the <defaultProxy> etc in the appropriate config files.

So now I'm installing the current (non-personal) version, freshly downloaded (3000.2.47).

I've updated the .config files for the Configurator and the Service itself, switched to using HTTPS only for the Azure Service Bus.

But I can't for the life of me get it to connect to the Azure Service Bus during the Diagnostics | Network ports test.

I've run NetMon and can see that the connections from the Configurator are using the proxy.

And I can see some of the connection from the Service itself are also using the proxy (connections to dc.services.visualstudio.com).

But all the connections to *.servicebus.windows.net insist on trying to connect direct, which just won't work on our network.

I've used:

<system.net>
<defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true">
<proxy
autoDetect="false"
proxyaddress="http://[OURPROXY]:[OURPORT]"
bypassonlocal="false"
usesystemdefault="false"
/>
</defaultProxy>
</system.net>

for both the Configurator and the Service. The proxy is currently set to no authentication, to keep things simpler.

Any ideas?  This used to work in the (way) old version...

Thanks
Craig

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Qiuyun.  This threw me:

PBI_Website.PNG

But I've now created a support ticket.

Note: I tried to upload multiple files, but it only remembered the last one...

Thanks

Craig

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

You can click on the button "Create Support Ticket" to get support. Once you created the ticket, you should receive a email and ticket owner will contact you, you can send files to ticket owner via Email. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu