Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Gateway unable to configure after installing

Hi everyone,

I've had plenty of problems in order to install Power BI Personal Gateway after unstalling PBI On-Premise Gateway... fortunately, after following some of the tips described here I've managed to do it.

BUT, once installed I cannot open it in order to configure it, this is the screenshot of what I'm seeing (translated from spanish, it says: "Wait while we are checking some points") :

GWconfig error.png

Clicking "next" does nothing.

When I open the system administrator the "GWConfig.exe" process is running taking memory but not CPU... additionally, when I try to uninstall the gateway a window pops up alerting that I could be deleting some existing connections, so I think it's installed but for some reason there's some fence at the beginning.

I've uninstalled the program and re-installed again but the same problem remains... any idea?

Thanks a lot,
Kind regards.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@juanca

Are you using the latest version 1.13.6044.1? Please try to download and install from this link.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

juanca
Helper II

Hi @v-haibl-msft,

After a lot of problems I managed to get my system up and running through an "on-premise data gateway", so by now I won't try to install the "Personal Data Gateway" you sent to me.

Anyway, I was using the installer you get directly from the app.powerbi.com screen.

Thanks,
Kind regards.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered