Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Embedded: Publish to Web cache issue

Hi team,

There's a strange behavior for Publish to web reports, where resulting data set is cached separately from report dataset. When data is updated in the report on portal, these changes are not reflected in embedded report, and appear there only after certain period of time (I suggest it's 1 hour interval). Is there any way to configure this cache update and/or update it programmatically?

I know there's an option to add refresh parameter to URL, however in this case report behavior becomes even more confusing: when you reload the whole page, the old cache result set is returned, but after refresh it gets newer results (sometimes last but one result set).

Best wishes,

Eugene.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Evgeniy_O ,

What's the connection mode are you using and could which refresh type are you using?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Evgeniy_O
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yuta-msft 

I've tried several data sources in DirectQuery mode, Azure SQL Database and SQL Server over Gateway. Both with the same effect.

Eugene.

P.S. I made a screen recording of what's happening with embedded frame. Check the Totals on the visual

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/1361895?key=895619a12f8a1770552ef87000f0e91d