Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Embedded CRM: This content isn't available

Hi,

Is anyone else facing similar issue?

Our customer has Power BI dashboard tiles embedded to CRM's Dynamics 365 Dashboard. All was working fine until few weeks ago when the embedded dashboard tile started showing "This content isn't available" error instead of the graph. 

When the CRM dashboard tile is clicked the report still opens normally. Furthermore, users are able to access the reports and dashboards in powerbi.com normally. I have tested quite exhaustively and seems that the problem is related to this existing pbix file. New files are working okay.

I have ticket open with Microsoft but with no progress so far so any help is appreciated. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

From your description, it seems the customer can run the report and dashboards fine in Power BI service. After embed the dashboard in Dynamics CRM, does this same user can't view the dashboard tile or shared user can't view the embedded dashboard? 

As the issue only happens to specific report, would you please check if any different setting with others? 

Best Regard,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

markive
Advocate II

** Edit to original comment **

I was able to fix the issue below by sharing the report itself not doing it the old way which is to pin the report to a dashboard and share that. When the report and the dashboard are shared Embedding works again.

I have this exact same issue and I think I can clarify the issue a bit more.. 

I am not using Dynamics CRM I am instead embedded Dashboard Tiles as an ISV.

It seems that if your visual uses anything from the latest February update of PowerBI desktop then the dashboard tile fails to render when embedded. It does display as a dashboard tile in the PowerBI service but I get a 'This content isn't available' error when embedded.

If in the same report I pin a tile that doesn't use a visual with a new property from the February PowerBI Desktop release to the same Dashboard and embed that in my app then it does display.

So for me it seems to be narrowed down to the February release. Has the new engine for the February release been released to deliver embedded Dashboard tiles?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft There is no difference in "Current File" setting with this and other files. Also the error appeared without us changing anything (or uploading a new pbix), so most probably the problem has to be on the service side compatibility.

@markive Thank you for the suggestion. In this case, it seems that for dashboard tile to be embedded in CRM, the dashboard has to be shared. Sharing only report doesn't give sufficient rights to show the dashboard.

markive
Advocate II

Hi, the way we use Embedded is to have a single Azure AD User that is used to get the AccessToken to be able to display the report. For extra internal security we actually share with a different user who is more read-only. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anything happen with your Microsoft ticket?  I think my users may be facing the same issue.