Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Down?

We're getting an error while trying to log into the Power BI service:

Something went wrong. 
Please try again later.
TECHNICAL DETAILS 
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the PowerBI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2019-10-22 10:09:53Z
ActivityId: e5f00243-a225-47c3-9895-be9cae3b7d9f
Comments
rkania
Regular Visitor

Germany as well! Nothing works, no workspaces visible, no embedded reports loading, no publishing!

sneedax

Same issue here in the US...

Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
TECHNICAL DETAILS
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the PowerBI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2019-10-22 12:02:48Z
ActivityId: 3e253f13-488a-4085-bfd0-7b2801fa8638
mol_analyst

Been a few hours for me (in the UK).

Can't sign in (getting an error message straight away).

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are also getting this in UK.

Note on support page says it is an issue with August desktop build. We are running the November 2018 build 2.64.5285.741 [don't ask] and I can't even log-in to PowerBI via the browser, let alone publish from the desktop app.

LEANNYS
Advocate I

Italia... riusciamo ad entrare al area di lavoro ma non si aprono i report

Si è verificato un errore

Non è possibile caricare il report

Riprovare più tardi oppure contattare il supporto tecnico specificando le informazioni seguenti.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue in Brazil!

Anonymous
Not applicable

And in Italy also.

DanielSagaon
Frequent Visitor

Same situation in Mexico!!!

Hubo un problema.
Intente de nuevo más tarde.
DETALLES TÉCNICOS
Power BI no ha podido leer los metadatos de la aplicación. Consulte el estado de servicio de Power BI en la página de soporte técnico siguiente y vuelva a intentarlo más tarde.
Fecha y hora: 2019-10-22 12:12:35Z
ActivityId: e816de0e-348d-4f5b-83d0-8abe69704563
neilmanson60
Frequent Visitor

Same issue in UK. Raised a support ticket with Microsoft earlier today and received this response:

Many thanks for reaching out to Microsoft support team, We are sorry to let you know that Power BI is currently unavailable and we are working to resolve it. We will update you with information as soon as its available. We have posted communications @ https://support.powerbi.com  to keep all our customers appraised of the current situation. We will reach out to you to confirm resolution once the issue is fixed.

luciadec

Same here!!