Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Down?

We're getting an error while trying to log into the Power BI service:

Something went wrong. 
Please try again later.
TECHNICAL DETAILS 
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the PowerBI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2019-10-22 10:09:53Z
ActivityId: e5f00243-a225-47c3-9895-be9cae3b7d9f
Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Italy still down since this morning @Kevin_Brennan

Anonymous
Not applicable

a part of the issue is now fixed.

We can see again our production's apps and connexions but still issue to publish.

4 hours of production outage is very long

spock1984
Frequent Visitor

This is info I got, not very helpful... Indeed services down for half or working day is huge issue for us 😞

SUMMARY OF IMPACT:

Impact is specific to a subset of users who are served through the affected infrastructure.

NEXT STEPS:

We're reviewing diagnostic data of a section from caching infrastructure to determine the source of the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@spock1984 thanks

luciadec

It's fixed in Barcelona

Selimir
Regular Visitor

Seems to be fixed in France too. Robot Happy

jcarville
Skilled Sharer

Well that was a bit of a nightmare! A lot of unhappy users/customers.

The response of the Service Status to acknowledge a problem was poor imo. Has anyone had an indication as to what caused the failure?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Sorry for inconvenience. Please test again, you should be able to access Power BI service now. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun  Yu

bogdanD
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

The portal works now in the sense that it loads the reports that are published, but publishing reports does not work for me. I was getting the "Bad request (400)" error. Now it's just saying "Publishing to Power BI" forever.

P.S.: Also, the reports that I'm trying to republish are not loading. It's just displaying a blank page, while others that are not in progress to be published are being rendered.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's up for me, but the random gateway failures and now the failing visualizations are even more troubling.