Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Desktop window is resizing automatically after installing the latest release

Hello,

as mentioned in the subject I'm experiencing quite a few issues with the latest release of Power BI Desktop (2.90.782.0 64-bit, Feb 2021).

The window is resizing automatically at random (mostly when I minimize the window and open it again, but not just in this case) and it's quite frustrating, as it is making it unusable.

As far as I know, I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Please let me know if I should be reporting this elsewhere (I've been redirected here from http://support.powerbi.com/ )

Also, I had to pick a random label because I was forced to pick one and there was no "general issue"/"Power BI Desktop" label or something like that

Thank you very much,

Amedeo

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I tried the latest version of Power BI Desktop and it seems to work fine for me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-chuncz-msft ,

thanks for your reply.

I'm still experiencing the issue today and I know other people who are experiencing the same issue as well, so I don't think it's just my PC. Do you have any suggestion? Would uninstalling and reinstalling help?

Thanks,

Amedeo

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may try to uninstall and then reinstall it, also check settings in Windows.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-chuncz-msft ,

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app from the Store, but nothing changed.

If it could help, I'm experiencing this issue only on my second screen and not on my primary screen. Any ideas? 😞

Thanks,

Amedeo

Anth79
Frequent Visitor
Kenab22
Employee

I am experiencing the same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar issue. I use Power Bi Desktop on a VM and any time I resize my VM window, Power BI maximizes itself, even if it is minimized in the Taskbar. Super annoying.