Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop window is resizing automatically after installing the latest release

Hello,

as mentioned in the subject I'm experiencing quite a few issues with the latest release of Power BI Desktop (2.90.782.0 64-bit, Feb 2021).

The window is resizing automatically at random (mostly when I minimize the window and open it again, but not just in this case) and it's quite frustrating, as it is making it unusable.

As far as I know, I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Please let me know if I should be reporting this elsewhere (I've been redirected here from http://support.powerbi.com/ )

Also, I had to pick a random label because I was forced to pick one and there was no "general issue"/"Power BI Desktop" label or something like that

Thank you very much,

Amedeo

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I tried the latest version of Power BI Desktop and it seems to work fine for me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-chuncz-msft ,

thanks for your reply.

I'm still experiencing the issue today and I know other people who are experiencing the same issue as well, so I don't think it's just my PC. Do you have any suggestion? Would uninstalling and reinstalling help?

Thanks,

Amedeo

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may try to uninstall and then reinstall it, also check settings in Windows.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-chuncz-msft ,

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app from the Store, but nothing changed.

If it could help, I'm experiencing this issue only on my second screen and not on my primary screen. Any ideas? 😞

Thanks,

Amedeo

Anth79
Frequent Visitor
Kenab22
Employee

I am experiencing the same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar issue. I use Power Bi Desktop on a VM and any time I resize my VM window, Power BI maximizes itself, even if it is minimized in the Taskbar. Super annoying.