cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power BI Desktop sign in issue

Dear staff,

Our organization recently would like to experiment with reporting with Power BI. We already have the Microsoft 365 account. I tried to download the Power BI desktop to test it out, but failed even to sign into the account.

The following message occurred.

Nomadexchris_1-1606139251153.png

I also tried to sign in from Power BI web with our organization's work email but was greeted with another issue, which says that currently Power BI is not available in my countries. Currently, I am signing in from Germany which should be included within the available countries. I have no idea what went wrong. Could you guys please support? Thanks

Chris

Comments
Regular Visitor

Dear all,

This is the detailed error message 

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2020-11-23T14:59:31.2773860Z

Local Time:
2020-11-23T15:59:31.2773860+01:00

Session ID:
6ce300e2-ac0c-46f5-8047-e42f2c38d788

Release:
November 2020

Product Version:
2.87.762.0 (20.11) (x64)

Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesProcess.AcquireServerDynamicPortInfo()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesProcess.EnsureServiceIsReady()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesProcess.Start()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.<StartProcess>d__22.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Utilities.TaskExtensions.WaitAndUnpackException(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.CreateEmptyDatabase()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.<StartProcess>d__22.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<HandleAwaitableAsyncExceptions>d__1.MoveNext()

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.87.762.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.dll","Component":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesProcess","Error":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesProcessUnexpectedExitException","MethodDef":"AcquireServerDynamicPortInfo","ErrorOffset":"113"}

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18363.0 (x64 en-GB)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 528040]

Peak Virtual Memory:
37.8 GB

Private Memory:
223 MB

Peak Working Set:
378 MB

IE Version:

User ID:
740f33fe-05c1-423a-9228-85e064ef99c7

Workbook Package Info:
None

Telemetry Enabled:
True

DPI Scale:
200%

Supported Services:
Power BI

Community Support

hi  @Nomadexchris 

It seems that it is a account problem, for your case, I would suggest you submit a support ticket to get the further help from support team.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

power bi support team could get the reason from this error message by Session ID.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/power-bi-cannot-sign-in

Regards,

Lin