cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power BI Desktop rendering problems with multiple monitors

Power BI Desktop has rendering issues on systems with multiple monitors. For example:

powerbi-bug.jpg

Note the black areas where the ribbon, left side icons and status bar should be. The large black square in the middle is the Get data / What's new intro dialog.

This issue or ones very similar have been noted before:

The problem appears to have something to do with having multiple monitors with different resolutions/scaling settings. Setting all of my displays to the same scale setting did not work in my case (and wouldn't be acceptable any way). The only work-around for me is to either set my latop screen to be the main display or to drag the power bi windows to the the laptop screen and then back to the display that I actually need to use.

Comments

Hi @kmilligan,

This is a known issue (Power BI Desktop loading with partial screen in some screen resolution configurations or on secondary monitors, users may see Desktop render content with large black areas. (screenshot below)). This is due to April Windows 10 update.

Workaround:  Click start, type “blurry”, and choose “let windows fix apps that are blurry”. Not great, but it will fix the issue. You need to close and restart PBI Desktop.  This may be addressed by a future Chromium update, but for now please try the workaround.

q3.jpgq4.jpg

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Status changed to: Accepted