Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Desktop randomly changes font size to minimal

The following never happened before November 2021 update. Afther the update, while I'm working with a report page, some text elements randomly (e.g. when another visual selected) changes visible font size to minimal. Then (after some clicks on the page visuals) back to normal. It happenes at least with the following: card visual data label, line and stacked column chart axis Y (both, left and right). The problem probably related to the fact that all visuals on the page are grouped into groups (on the Selection pane).

avatorl_0-1637617817305.png

avatorl_1-1637617885506.png

Hi All,

In the latest update of this ICM, this issue has been fixed, you can go to have a check.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
RobertBonczyk
Regular Visitor

Same issue here since I got the November update. The font sizes of visuals change randomly when I move over with the mouse...

1wnd198d1209

Same issue here. Labels of all kind (data, category, axis labels) changing size (increasing and decreasing) and moving around in browser (service), particularly when moving pointer between visualizations or selecting, no problem in desktop (November).

Changing view to original size fixes problem, adjust to width or adjust to full page both have this problem. Happens on across all reports in Power BI service, regardless of whether the report was uploaded with November desktop version or pre-dates November.

1440p and 1080p screens

Bar, scatter, Treemap visualizations at least, haven't yet noticed issues with filters or tables.

Happens on Microsoft Edge (current 96.0.1054.43) but not Google Chrome. 

MihaiAD
Regular Visitor

Hello,

@v-robertq-msft , is there any planned/estimated date for this ICM action fix: 274100968?

Thanks in advance,

Mihai

MSBern
Employee

I have a similar issue which myself and team have encountered only on Power BI online.

The font sizes look distorted when hovering over and look enlarged or zoomed in. Very strange and it happens only on the visuals on various reports.  We are mostly using Microsoft Edge as our browser

namitak22
Employee

Exactly same problem, when I hover over visualizations the fonts, increase or decrease or sometimes just vanish. Also, the same issue in all my reports.

In addtion, there is one report with multiple pages, and in that all pages have overlapped visualizations on first page. Looks pretty messy!!

Martine10
Frequent Visitor

@v-robertq-msft , I have the same issue. Do you have an update on ICM action fix: 274100968? I am currently working with Version: 2.99.782.0 64-bit (November 2021). Will updating to Version: 2.99.862.0, Released: November 30, 2021 solve the issue? Or should I go back to the October version? 

RobertBonczyk
Regular Visitor

@Martine10 I have downgraded to the October version without any luck. At this point, I highly doubt that it has something to do with the desktop version. Even older reports that I have not touched for a year suddenly have the same issue in the workspace. People who haven't PBI installed on their computer report the same problems, even with the older reports. Issue appears in Edge and Chrome...

@v-robertq-msft We really need a solution here, many reports are used for our official reporting. I would at least appreciate a timeline to solve the issue. Thanks for your support...

Dzienkob
Regular Visitor

Same issue here.  Actually just reported the issue when I came across this post. 

My text enlarges when hovering over boxes and typically stays in that form until the dashboard has been refreshed.  Agree that it functions fine in Actual Size view, however this sizing is not preferred in most cases.

1wnd198d1209

Per some of the above comments I can confirm that my issues are present in Microsoft Edge but not present in Google Chrome. Not sure what coding god is humored by a Chromium-based Edge having a unique problem with a Microsoft service, but they must be laughing...

The appearance is really grotesque and unusable in some cases with fonts growing and shrinking by +/- 50% all over the screen at the same time.

Arnoh
Helper III

Hi Same issue here.