Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Desktop randomly changes font size to minimal

The following never happened before November 2021 update. Afther the update, while I'm working with a report page, some text elements randomly (e.g. when another visual selected) changes visible font size to minimal. Then (after some clicks on the page visuals) back to normal. It happenes at least with the following: card visual data label, line and stacked column chart axis Y (both, left and right). The problem probably related to the fact that all visuals on the page are grouped into groups (on the Selection pane).

avatorl_0-1637617817305.png

avatorl_1-1637617885506.png

Hi All,

In the latest update of this ICM, this issue has been fixed, you can go to have a check.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
Dzienkob
Regular Visitor

Opening in Google Chrome does resolve the issue.

Feedback from community on issue if using Edge:

"Edge v96 has the bug. 

Edge decided to wait until v97 to enable the new code, which will come out in about a month."

lakeoffm

Same issue here with font sizes randomly switching to being bigger/smaller. Affects all types of visuals from bar charts to KPI cards. Observed in Edge and Chrome when having the Fit To Page or Fit to View options. Does not happen in Safari and if the view is set to Actual Size.

On the screenshot: randomly enlarged lables vs normaly dispayed lables (both set to identical fonts and sizes).

lakeoffm_0-1639138159817.png

mcinnisbr
Advocate I

Same.  Happens all the time now on published reports to a BI server.  The text will either grow or shrink a good number of sizes within a chart (it seems clicking an item in a chart triggers the weird font changes)  I've been seeing this error across reports for a few months now, but it seems way more common now.   Legibility is a major problem when it happens. 

mcinnisbr_0-1639169537655.png

mcinnisbr_0-1639171209708.png

mcinnisbr_1-1639171269419.png

AlexGorev
Power BI Team

This issue was introduced by a regression in the Edge browser that also impacted WebView2 component used in PBI Desktop. New versions of Edge and WebView2 with the fix are available and should be automatically updated.

1wnd198d1209

Working correctly for me now in Edge, thanks @AlexGorev & team!

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi All,

In the latest update of this ICM, this issue has been fixed, you can go to have a check.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

mcinnisbr
Advocate I

seems to be working much much better now.  haven't seen the error for a week or so.  good work.

Synik
Helper II

Was this fixed in a November update? I'm on the December desktop version and still getting this error. Most of these replies seem to be on the web/browser, but its definitely occuring to me via the desktop. 

Version: 2.100.785.0 64-bit (December 2021)

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2022-01-04T23:12:02.2298519Z

Local Time:
2022-01-04T16:12:02.2298519-07:00

Session ID:
f1ff1cbb-f9dc-4a2b-8e3c-02b816d13097

Release:
December 2021

Product Version:
2.100.785.0 (21.12) (x64)

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18363.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 528040]

Peak Virtual Memory:
54.5 GB

Private Memory:
901 MB

Peak Working Set:
1 GB

IE Version:

@v-robertq-msft 

justinh
Advocate IV

@Synik 

It's my understanding that after a recent update Power BI desktop is now using Edge to render the graphics, which is why the font glitch was happening locally and on the web. It has stopped happening for me. You might want to open Edge and let it update, but that is just a guess on my end. 

Kindly, 

-Justin

Synik
Helper II

@justinh 

Thanks for the reply. Are you aware of which version of Edge fixes this bug? I'm on  Version 96.0.1054.34 (Official build) (64-bit)